Tuesday, December 29, 2009

You never know when the Governor is reading your posts...


On June 5, 2009, the state of Delaware held The Governor's Entrepreneurial Business Conference at the Chase Center on the Riverfront.

After the great Chicago experience, I figured I'd cover this event with as much social media as possible - that meant Twittering while recording as many of the speakers as I could on the Flip Video.


This is probably where some others (yes, I'm talking about you @rfaber) and I started almost competitive tweeting at public events (that could be an Olympic Sport in a few years, "...and now, representing the United States in the Competitive Tweeting event..." - just an idea). Throughout the morning, we were posting messages on every aspect of the conference - who was there, what the speakers were saying, the mood of the room, everything.

Lunchtime comes around, and about 500 of us make our way in to the ballroom - I was running late, so I sat way over on the far end of the room and recorded some of the address from the Governor. After he spoke, the Governor shook a lot of hands and spoke with everyone who mobbed him. Then, he went to the back of the room, spoke with his staff, and starts walking towards my end of the room. I looked around to see who he might be going to see when the Governor walked up to me and said, "I've been reading your tweets this morning." He then went on to quote some of them.

That's the great thing about Social Media - you really never know who is reading what you're posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment